Wednesday 20 March 2013

Review- Arbonne Sea Mud Face & Body Mask

A year ago from now, I'd never heard of Arbonne.
No, i'm not a 'consultant', and i'm not a 'preferred client' either.
I am just an individual who was introduced to their products by a friend, who wanted my opinion as someone who has tried and tested many similar products currently in the market.
I was actually very lucky, and aquired this product (alongside a tube of their gorgeous hair mask) in a giveaway featured on an Arbonne facebook page (link below), although this product can be purchased though any Arbonne consultant.
Both products are part of their 'detox spa range' and like all Arbonne products, are free from;

  • Animal products or animal by-products
  • Parabens
  • Formaldehyde-donating preservatives
  • Petroleum-based ingredients including; Benzene, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Phthalates and Toluene
  • and are vegan and gluten-free, which is especially important for myself as I have spent years looking for quality, gluten-free make-up and skincare products.

    Upon opening the parcel, I was very impressed. The product came presented in a white shimmery box, featuring a shiny, blue wrap-around design embossed into the thick cardboard. The box also features detailed instructions of how to use the product, which is useful if you tend to lose the little instruction sheets (like me!). The packaging had obviously been very well thought out, strengthening my belief that this would be a special, luxurious product.

    I was very suprised at how large the container of product actually turned out to be. It is fairly heavy, holding 236ml/8 fl. oz. of product yet is again, wonderfully presented. The white, blue and green colourscheme is continued from the box to bottle and the instructions are usefully repeated.

    The product is released through a small hole via a lid at the bottom of the container, making application easy and mess-free. The lid is sturdy with a flat surface which means that it doesn't need to be 'proped up' and stands neatly on my dresser.
    Upon application, I found that the mud mask is a fairly smooth consistency with medium coverage, unlike some of the thick, heavy mud masks I had tried before. This face mask was suprisingly light on my face, and didn't crack and flake off horrifically like some, remaining cool and refreshing throughout. I quickly found that a little product went a long way.

    The smell of the mask reminded me of a recent relaxing spa day and the products used for my facial, which was perhaps one of the influencing factors for naming the range 'detox spa'. The smell is calming and subtle but not too overpowering.
    After leaving my mask on for approx. 12 minutes, I found it fairly easy to remove with clean, warm water. I have also removed this face mask with textured make up wipes, which worked just as effectively.

    Upon removal, my face felt cleansed and refreshed, without the tight feeling that many others have left me with in the past. My skin was smooth to touch and my pores visibly cleanser and reduced.

    I absoloutley love this product. I have used it 1-2 times per week for the past month and I can honestly say my skin has never looked or felt better!

    The product is £31.00 from any Arbonne consultant, which although may seem a little pricey, I have to remember that the product lasts absoloutley ages (I applied the mask around 8 times and the bottle still looks like new!). A little bit of this product goes a long way and it really is a luxurious special treat which has done wonders for my skin.
    I hope that you have enjoyed this review and I hope to hear from you in the comments section.

    Thanks
    :) xx

    If you would like to purchase this product my lovely local consultants are;

    Angela Salkeld Consultant I.D 440011626
    Kerry Sullivan

    Buy online using web address- https://www.arbonneinternational.co.uk/shop_online/shopOnline.asp

    I won this product as part of a giveaway by liking a post on the facebook page https://www.facebook.com/#!/arbonnesalkeld?fref=ts   - Please like and share!

    Disclaimer: All thoughts and opinions are my own. I did recieve this product as part of a free giveaway however I have not been contacted or paid to write this review-I did it simply because I would like to share my experience with other beauty junkies!! :)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment